What attracts people to Ghaziabad? Let’s find out
Ghaziabad is a flourishing city in the state of Uttar Pradesh in India. Ghaziabad is part of the national capital region, for its proximity to the national capital, New Delhi. The Recent growth of the city has earned it the title of second fastest growing city in the world; this declaration was made by the prestigious city Mayors foundation survey. Ghaziabad is a hub of industry and education in northern India. The river Hindon divides the city into two parts that are; Cis-Hindon in the east and Trans-Hindon in the west.
A peek into the history of Ghaziabad
The existence of the city can be traced back to Mahabharata and Ramayana period. The city has seen major wars from 1313 AD. The entire region including mainland Ghaziabad was turned into a battlefield when Muhammad bin Tughlaq’s forces clashed with that of invader Taimur’s.
It was Wazir Ghazi-Ud-din, on whose name the city is named after. He founded the city in 1740, and the city was a favorite picnic spot for the Mughals. In the 18th century, Ghaziabad became the center stage for Anglo-Maratha wars. In the year 1857, Ghaziabad witnessed the clashes between the British forces and rebel Indian sepoys. The municipality of Ghaziabad came into existence in 1868. Ghaziabad was considered as the strategically important region by the English, which made them initiate a connecting railway project in Ghaziabad.
Ghaziabad railways connected North West India to southern and east India. After India’s independence in 1947, Ghaziabad became part of India under the state of Uttar Pradesh. In 1976, Ghaziabad which Tehsil of Meerut district was made a district of its own by N.D Tiwari the then chief minister of the state. This decision of N.D Tiwari triggered the growth of the Ghaziabad district.
In the southwest of the city lie the Gautam Budh Nagar and Bulandshahr, and on the east lies the district of Hapur. Ghaziabad borders Delhi and is referred as the gateway to Uttar Pradesh.
The temperature and whether of Ghaziabad is similar to Delhi. The factors that determine the climatic conditions of the city are dust storms from Rajasthan, snowfall in Himalayas, Kumaon, and Garhwal hills.
Demographics, people, and culture
According to 2011 census, Ghaziabad’s population was expected to be 4,681,452. Ghaziabad's socio-economic parameters are far below the national average. Ghaziabad is the second largest industrial city in Uttar Pradesh, as Kanpur is the leading industrial hub of Uttar Pradesh. Most of the population of the Ghaziabad follows Hinduism. City’s Hindu population comprises of Jats, Brahmins, Tyagi, Thakur, Goel, vaishya, and Gujjar communities.
Places of historical and religious importance in Ghaziabad
- Thakurdwara Temple
- Sable Shiv Mandir
- Chandi Mandir
- Dudheshwar Nath Mandir
- Pragati Maidan Crafts Museum
- Kasseri Mound
- Sai Upvan
- ISKCON Temple
- Swarna Jayanti Park
- Drizzling Land
- City Forest
Bustling markets of the city
Ghaziabad being an important city for the population of both Delhi and Uttar Pradesh witness a large number of customers flocking in to buy best quality industrial and consumer goods.
- Turab Nagar market
- Gandhi Nagar market
- Navyug Market
- Chopla Market
- Ghanta Ghar Market
- Rakesh Marg Market
Mall culture of Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad is heaven for urban shoppers as the city has a number of malls. Some of the malls present in the city are a complete package of entertainment with 3D theatres, pools, and games sections. Here is the list of the fabulous malls in the city:
- Ansal plaza, Vaishali
- Shipra mall, Indirapuram
- MMX Mall, Mohan Nagar
- Silver City, G.T Road
- Angel Mega Mall, Kaushambi
- Jaipuria Mall, Ahinsa Khand -1, Indirapuram
- Galaxy Mall, Sahibabad
- Pacific Mall, Kaushambi
- East End Mall, Kaushambi
- Shopprix Mall, Kaushambi
- Shopprix mall, Vaishali Sector 5
- Aditya mall, Vaibhav Khand, Indirapuram
- Aerens EuroPark Mall, NH58
- Opulent Mall
Ghaziabad is the real estate hub of the north, with major townships with their projects arriving in the region from all parts of the country. Most of these projects concentrate on residential units rather than commercial units because large number of people comes to the city because of its proximity to Delhi. Mostly these construction projects are coming up near the national highway 24 and national highway 58. Some of the major construction companies who have invested in the city so far are:
- Crossings Republic
Modes of transportation
Road : NH 24 and NH 58 connect Ghaziabad to Uttar Pradesh and Delhi.
Air : Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi is the nearest airport to Ghaziabad. The IGI Airport is 45 km away from Ghaziabad
Railway : Ghaziabad Railway Station is a major junction in northern India and western UP.
Delhi Metro : Delhi metro extends up to Shalimar garden, Vaishali, Kaushambi, Indirapuram, and Vasundhra in Ghaziabad.
Endless employment opportunities in Ghaziabad
Public sector units in Ghaziabad
- Bharat Electronics Limited
- Central Electronics Limited
List of top 25 Vibrant private sector units of Ghaziabad
- Unichem Laboratories Limited
- Onida Pharmaceuticals
- The Creative City
- New India Rubber Manufacturing Company
- Climax Trading Company
- Uttar Pradesh Engineering Company
- Affy Pharma Private Limited
- Crane-Bel International Private Limited
- Mahendra Transformers PVT Ltd
- Ace Hardware PVT Ltd
- RPL Automation PVT Ltd
- Alien Energy
- Assomac Machines Ltd
- Hertz Control India
- International Tobacco Co. Ltd
- Universal Engineers
- Ajanta Electrical
- Albert David
- Nails India Company
- Hertz Control India
- Omega Biotech Limited
- Vardhman Steel Company
- Tata Iron syndicate
- AXIOM Infosoft
- Avon Mold Plast Pvt Ltd
Institutions of quality education in Ghaziabad
List of top ten schools in Ghaziabad
- DPS Meerut Road
- DLF Public School
- Khaitan Public School
- Amity International School
- Gurukul The School
- GD Goenka
- DPSG Vasundhara
- Bal Bharti Public School
- Seth Anandram Jaipuria
- DPS Indirapuram
List of top 20 colleges in Ghaziabad
- Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College
- IMS Engineering College
- Sunderdeep Group Of Institutions
- Ideal Institute Of Technology
- Bhagwati Institute Of Technology And Sciences
- Immantec Institutions
- Saraswati College Of Professional Studies
- Lord Krishna College Of Engineering
- Aryan Institute Of Technology
- IMS Ghaziabad
- Vivekananda Institute Of Technology And Science
- Advance Institute Of Management
- Institute Of Management Technology
- ABES Engineering College
- Krishna Institute Of Engineering And Technology
- Raj Kumar Goel Institutes Of Technology
- Indraprastha Engineering College
- Santosh Medical College
- Santosh University
- Tara Chand Degree College
Ghaziabad is considered as a gateway to Uttar Pradesh because it is situated on the border of Haryana, New Delhi, and UP. Along with this Ghaziabad is also part of the highly privileged National Capital Region, which has helped the city to grow and become the industrial hub of Uttar Pradesh.
With the increase in the importance and development of the national capital region, there is a lot of people involved with the city who regularly move in and out of Ghaziabad in search for better avenues to live and grow. Most of the people plan to move from Ghaziabad to Bangalore and Ghaziabad to Chennai, as both of these cities are developed and industrialized
You can also move in and out of Ghaziabad easily by choosing good
movers and packers in Ghaziabad.One can easily find best packers and movers in Ghaziabad by visiting an online directory,PMDIR which provides information, that can help you in
hiring professional packers and movers in Ghaziabad.Whether it is home or office shifting, PMDIR is the place where you will find all your shifting solutions at affordable packages. After knowing all this information about PMDIR you can easily guide your family members and friends about where to find best packers and movers in Ghaziabad.
Ghaziabad packers and movers will assure you a hassle free shifting process with the following services they provide to their customers:
1. Specialized vehicles are used by a good moving company in the shifting process so as to complete the whole process within the predetermined time limit, and to reduce the cost incurred by the customer.
2. Along with home or office shifting a
good packer and mover also provide the service of vehicle shifting. Vehicle shifting is necessary when the customer feels that the shifting the vehicle is cheaper than driving the vehicle to the desired destination and also is in no mood or is tired to drive the car himself/herself.
Best movers in Ghaziabad use supreme quality packing material for packaging of the goods and use special boxes and carriers modified to store and transport delicate and damage prone goods.
4. An integral element that makes a packer and mover the best among the lot is the services rendered by him at the time of unpacking the goods when the goods arrive at the customer's desired place. It is important because unpacking goods is also included in the package cost.
There are 3 extremely important recommendations for customers, by which they can play a huge part in simplifying the shifting process. These recommendations are given below:
1. The customer should start packing their valuable stuff a good 10 days before the shifting process, so as to avoid last minute trouble and haste.
2. Customers should always prepare a checklist of all the goods that need to be transported along. This checklist should also be shared with the packer and mover service provider prior to the start of the shifting process.
3. Last but not the least important advice for customers is to get rid of their old goods that are not in good condition, and are there only to increase the load and acquire the space while they are being transported. The best way to dispose these goods and earn some quick money is by selling them in markets where used goods are traded. Some of these types of market In Ghaziabad are Ghanta Ghar market and Rakesh Marg market.