Read to find out why people are moving to Kanpur
All about Kanpur
Kanpur formerly known as Cawnpore is the second largest industrial city in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. Kanpur ranks 12th when it comes to most populous cities in India
History of the city
Kanpur is believed to derive its name from one of the mythological characters of Mahabharata “Karna”. Other stories about the city speak that the city was known as Makanpur because it is where the famous Madariya Sufi saint used to live. According to certified historical facts, it is established that Raja Kanh Deofounder of Kanhpuria clan founded the village of Kanhpur which was later expanded and came to be known as the city of Kanpur. Under the east India Company Kanpur was a prominent British garrison. In 1857 after the first war of Independence broke out, Kanpur became the seat of the rebellion of Indian sepoys. These rebel Indian sepoys captured 900 British children, men, and women under the leadership of Nana Sahib Peshwa. It was the Sati Chaura Ghat in Kanpur where more than 200 British citizens were massacred, and the city of Kanpur fell under rebel sepoys for few days. General Neil took back the city of Kanpur and unleashed a counter-attack filled with the spirit of vengeance on the rebel sepoys and innocent citizens of Kanpur.
Geographical location of the city
Kanpur lies in western Uttar Pradesh and is 80 kilometers away from Lucknow, the state capital of Uttar Pradesh. Kanpur is situated on the banks of river Ganges due to which its soil is very fertile.
Kanpur has a Koppen type climate. Like all other cities and areas that lie on the northern plains, Kanpur also experiences 4 seasons, namely summer, winter, monsoon, and spring. Summer in Kanpur lasts from March until July followed by monsoon and finally winters. The months of winter in Kanpur are November, December, January, and February.
Demographics, culture, and people of Kanpur
The population of Kanpur according to 2011 census is 2,701,324. And the literacy rate prevalent in the city is of 80.42 percent. Hinduism is followed by the majority in the city followed by Islam, Buddhism, Christianity and Sikhism. There is a total of 35 Parsis living in Kanpur.
Economy of the city
Kanpur is an industrial city and most of the economy of Kanpur revolves around the production of leather and leather goods. Kanpur famous for its leather industries is often referred to as the Manchester of the east.
Cricket is the most loved sport in Kanpur. Green park international cricket stadium is the only sports complex in Kanpur. Other sports that are famous in Kanpur are badminton, football, and billiards.
Kanpur being an industrial hub of northern India is a place where a large amount of population frequently visit. Kanpur has the best transport facilities in order to facilitate movement of people in and out of the city which are as follows:
- Kanpur Central
- Kanpur Anwarganj
- NH 2
- NH 25
- NH 86
- NH 91
- NH 157
- Kanpur airport (for commercial flights to Delhi)
- Chaudhary Charan Singh international airport, Lucknow (77 kilometers away from Kanpur)
Malls and popular marketplace in Kanpur
Kanpur is shopper's paradise as there are numerous high-end malls in the city, where people get the latest stuff at affordable prices. Along with malls Kanpur also has traditional marketplaces where consumers can shop for affordable and high-quality goods. Some of the famous malls and marketplaces in Kanpur are given below:
- Z Square Mall
- Rave 3
- Mega Mall
- Rave at Moti
- South X Mall
- Ceramic Mall
- City fashion Mall
- The Mall Road
- Birhana Road
- Naveen Market
- Meston Road
- Gumti No. 5
- PPN Market
Popular tourist Destinations in Kanpur
Kanpur is a popular tourist destination with beautiful Ghats and historical monuments. Kanpur has some of the most beautiful gardens in north India which attract tourists from all over the country.
- Boodha Bargad
- Kanpur Gardens
- Shri Radhakrishnan Temple
- Jain Glass Temple
- Allen Forest Zoo
- Phool Bagh
- Moti Jheel
- Massacre Ghat
- Panki Hanuman Temple
- Nana Rao park
- Nawabganj Bird Sanctuary
Healthcare institutions in Kanpur
Kanpur is a city with a high standard of living which is complimented by a number of world-class health care facility centers. Some of the best medical institutions in Kanpur are mentioned below:
- Regency Hospital
- Kanpur Medical Center
- Kulwanti Hospital And Research Center
- Rama Hospital And Research Center
- Ratandeep Hospital And Research Center
Employment opportunities in Kanpur
Kanpur is the economic center of Uttar Pradesh and also one of the largest employers in the state. Job seekers from all parts of India queue up to the companies and firms of Kanpur in order to get better job opportunities.
Top 4 public sector units in Kanpur
- Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation Of India
- Uttar Pradesh State Industrial Development Corporation Limited
- Uttar Pradesh Industrial consultants Limited
- British India Corporation
Top 15 private sector units in Kanpur
- Agmotex Fabrics Limited
- Alig Tannery
- Amitech Industries Limited
- Bee Kay Precision India Pvt Limited
- Bonafide Chemicals
- Comexcell Technologies
- Dataman Computer Systems Private Limited
- Ducks & Drakes
- Grow More International Limited
- Himangi Foods PVT LTD
- Injectoplast PVT LTD
- JK Cements
- Keycorp Ltd
- Mohani Tea Leaves PVT LTD
- Kanpur Edibles Pvt Ltd
Centers of education in Kanpur
Kanpur is known for its best colleges and schools, all over India. Kanpur has some of the finest management and technological institutes that impart the finest education to the students.
List of top 12 colleges in Kanpur
- Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Harcourt Butler Technical University
- Pranveer Singh Institute of Technology
- Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Memorial Medical College
- Christ Church College, Kanpur
- Kanpur Institute of Technology
- Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture & Technology
- D.A.V. College
- Maharana Pratap Engineering College
- University Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Brahmanand College, Kanpur
List of top 15 schools in Kanpur
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, IIT Kanpur
- Delhi Public School (DPS), Kalyanpur
- St. Thomas School, Kidwai Nagar
- The Chintels School
- Dr. Virendra Swarup Education Centre
- Swaraj India Public School
- Jain International School
- Methodist High School, Kanpur
- G D Goenka School
- Puranchandra Vidyaniketan
- Mercy Memorial School
- Sheiling House School
- Billabong High International School
- Sir Padampat Singhania Education Centre
- Seth Anandram Jaipuria School
With the increase in the importance and development of the Kanpur city, there are a lot of people who regularly move in and out of Kanpur in search for better opportunities. Most of the people plan to move from Kanpur to Delhi, Kanpur to Pune, and Kanpur to Mumbai as all of these cities are developed and full of opportunities.
You can move in and out of Kanpur easily by choosing good movers and packers in Kanpur.You can easily find best packers and movers in Kanpur by visiting an online directory PMDIR which provides information, that can help you in
hiring professional packers and movers in Kanpur . Whether it is
home or office shifting , PMDIR is the place where you will find all your shifting solutions at affordable packages. After knowing all this information about this you can easily guide others about where to find best packers and movers in Kanpur.Kanpur packers and movers will guarantee you a hassle free shifting process with the following exemplary services:
1. Specialized vehicles are used by a
good moving company in the shifting process in order to complete the whole shifting process within fixed time limit, and to lower the cost incurred by the customer.
2. Along with home or office shifting a good packer and mover also provide the service of vehicle shifting. Vehicle shifting is necessary when the customer feels that, shifting the vehicle is cheaper than driving the vehicle to the new venue.
Best movers in Kanpur use prime quality packing material for packaging of the goods and use special boxes and carriers modified to store and transport delicate goods.
4. An integral element that makes a packer and mover the best among the lot is the services rendered by him at the time of unpacking the goods when the goods arrive at the customer's desired place. It is important because unpacking goods is also included in the package cost.
There are 3 extremely important points to remember for customers, by which they can play a significant part in simplifying the shifting process. These recommendations are given below:
1. The customer should start packing their valuable stuff a good 10 days before the shifting process, so as to avoid last minute trouble and haste.
2. Customers should always prepare a checklist of all the goods that need to be transported along. This checklist should also be shared with the packer and mover service provider prior to the start of the shifting process.
3. Customers should get rid of their old goods that are not in good condition, and are there only to increase the load and acquire the space while they are being transported. The best way to dispose of these goods is selling them in markets where used goods are traded. Some of these type of marketplaces In Kanpur are Naveen market and Gumti No 5 market.