5 Best Guides to Avoid Getting Your Packages Stolen during Relocation
No one would like their belongings to be stolen or lost. And no matter how much you are careful these things still at times happen. There are a lot of dishonest movers and packers that are waiting for you to fall into their trap and let people’s things vanish away. There are some cases of unethical and immoral packers and movers in Pune. The best thing for you to do is to get informed and stay informed. You should be alert on what to do in cases of lost or stolen domestic goods. Everyone should know about the following guidelines to prevent your stuff from getting stolen or misplaced.
- Hire a Trustworthy Company -A reliable moving company is an easy thing once you know what to do. Finding an honest company is something that will let you be sure that your packages are in good hands. Companies with high goodwill are liable to keep your stuff safe.
- Check their Policies -The company which you have hired may or not be the ideal one; this can be found out by thoroughly going through their policies. You need to read each and every point carefully so that there is no confusion later. The policies will tell you a lot about the company and whether your stuff will be safe or not.
- Insurance -Insurance policies are another important part and one should never ignore it. Most companies with high goodwill and an honest attitude provide you with insurance services. Taking up insurance for your goods will let you protect your stuff more as in case something is lost, you will be compensated for the same.
- Inspect, check off upon delivery -When the van arrives, you have the right to personally check off each and every carton and inspect each bit of furniture as it is unloaded. The best chance of recovering stolen or misplaced items (or expediting repairs) lies in the quick recognition of the problem alongside the move supervisor who will actually make sure that the carton is missing and match up to the delivery condition of dented items to comments made at the time of loading.
- Signature on Delivery -Many customers complain about delivery man signing the unofficial packages and leaving them wide open on the porch or doorstep, making them pleasing for package snatcher. The answer to the problem is requesting for signature on delivery. Make sure that you avail such service before finalizing any deal with the packers and movers.